Tenure, Permanent Status & Promotion
Permanent status and promotion are major forms of recognition of accomplishments and contributions by faculty in accordance with the mission and objectives of UF/IFAS, and in accordance with procedures of the University academic community. Therefore, UF/IFAS makes every effort to base its recommendations for permanent status and promotion on careful and judicious procedures which guarantee faculty rights and responsibilities established in the University's rule and which enable UF/IFAS to reward scholarship and professional achievement.
IFAS Human Resources is responsible for ensuring that the UF/IFAS permanent status and promotion procedures are followed. Contact Mary Anne Morgan email@example.com or Susan Hudson firstname.lastname@example.org with any procedural questions.
Please contact your District Director with questions regarding unit timelines and the programmatic content of your packet.
- 2013-2014 Tenure / Permanent Status and Promotion deadlines dates
- Tenure / Permanent Status and Promotion Workshop Materials & Powerpoint
- Tenure / Permanent Status / Promotion Workshop for IFAS Staff
- 2014 Tenure / Permanent Status and Promotion Workshop Schedule
- Provost 2013-2014 Memo and Guidelines and Application Template
- Changes from 2012-2013 Guidelines
- IFAS Supplement to the Provost Guidelines for 2013-2014
- IFAS Guidelines for preparing Teaching section
- IFAS Guidelines for preparing Extension section
- IFAS Guidelines for preparing International Programs section (2013)
- Tenure / Permanent Status Progress Assessment Guidelines
- Tenure / Permanent Status Progress Assessment Process
- How to determine your Tenure / Permanent Status Timeline
- List of AAU Member Institutions